Helen has extensive experience advising on contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
Prior to joining Ignition in 2016, Helen worked in-house at Credit Suisse investment bank, in London, advising on employment law and employee relation issues. Before this, Helen trained and then worked as an associate at SJ Berwin LLP.
Helen provides strategic advice on all aspects of employment law. Her specialism is providing tactical advice in relation to resolution of work place disputes, grievance and disciplinary cases, performance issues and employee exits.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising HR specialists on high-risk issues, such as whistleblowing and discrimination cases.
- Managing grievance and disciplinary processes from start to finish.
- Negotiating settlements in respect of management level departures.
- Providing ongoing advice to businesses in respect of employee relations issues such employee absence, stress risk assessments, reasonable adjustments, performance improvement plans, diversity and redundancy.
- Assiting companies to ensure they are engaging individuals on the correct terms and the impact of “IR35”.
- Drafting effective documentation to ensure an employer remains legally compliant and fulfils its legal obligations. Including the following: consultancy, employment, casual worker contracts; staff handbooks; training decks; scripts for challenging meetings; redundancy correspondence.