Helen spent several years as a real estate lawyer at leading international law firm Allen & Overy LLP, before joining property and private client specialists Boodle Hatfield LLP. In 2015, she then joined Ignition Law, where she made partner and now heads up the firm’s experienced real estate team.
Her practice includes all aspects of commercial real estate including leases, licences, property sales and purchases, development, real estate finance, property aspects of corporate transactions and advisory work. Her client base is wide ranging from entrepreneurs and start-ups who have never occupied a commercial property before through to experienced property developers and investors requiring advice on structuring complex property deals.
Recent relevant experience includes:
- Working with countless SME, entrepreneurs and start-up clients on their first foray into property ownership or occupation and advising more experienced property owners and investors on letting their space. This has included advising clients in relation to a wide range of properties, from offices, factories, warehouses and retail outlets, to breweries, pubs, restaurants, wedding venues, treatment rooms, nurseries and railway arches!
- Advising start-ups, entrepreneurs and SMEs on the use of shared office space and serviced offices and advising share space operators on the structuring, operation and management of their buildings.
- Advising Sambrook’s Brewery on the recent relocation of its brewery and the development of its new pub in Wandsworth.
- Advising a co-living company on the structuring and ongoing management of a building used by more than 70 tenants.
- Advising the developer of a boutique cinema on the structuring, development, and part-sale of an independent cinema.
- Acting for investors on the acquisition of a series of regional shopping centres.
- Advising the owners of a large family estate on the development of a historic walled garden into a wedding venue, and the subsequent letting of that venue. Acting for multiple high net worth investors on the purchase of a series of luxury short stay units adjacent to Silverstone race track which are currently under development.