Hannah trained at Magic Circle law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and worked there for 12 years, advising on a wide range of commercial, intellectual property and technology-related matters and corporate transactions. Whilst at Freshfields, Hannah gained valuable in-house experience on secondment to Reuters Group PLC (now Thomson Reuters Corporation) and Lloyds Banking Group PLC, where she worked alongside business leads on commercial contracts and M&A transactions.
Hannah advises on the full spectrum of commercial and intellectual property-related matters across all sectors. Hannah has extensive experience of drafting and negotiating services agreements (including framework agreements), terms of service, assignment and licensing agreements, franchise arrangements, joint venture and research collaboration agreements, sales agency agreements and the IP ownership provisions of consultant and employment contracts. Hannah also supports clients on carve-out projects, outsourcing deals and the IP, technology and commercial aspects of corporate transactions.
Recent relevant experience includes:
- Advising numerous businesses across all sectors on how to identify, protect and exploit their IP and technology assets.
- Advising a founder on the IP and technology aspects of restructuring of their multi-national blockchain and technology business.
- Advising a data privacy and information security service provider on the IP, technology and commercial aspects of its acquisition of a consent and preference management platform.
- Advising several university spin-out companies on their technology licenses (in and out) with third parties and a range of services agreements.
- Advising a luxury footwear brand on its contracts with sales agents in the UK and overseas.
- Advising Compass Group PLC on the complex split sale of its Select Service Partner business (catering and retail units in over 600 sites across 26 countries) to EQT Partners and a consortium led by Macquarie Bank, for a combined price of £1.82 billion.
- Advising Corus PLC (now Tata Steel Europe Ltd) on its £26 million deal with Capgemini UK to outsource IT services in the UK, India and Poland.
- Advising Tesco PLC on its purchase of RBS’s 50% stake in the Tesco Personal Finance joint venture for £950 million, as well as on the development of Tesco Bank.
- Advising Grupo Ferrovial, S.A. on the sale of Gatwick Airport to Global Infrastructure Partners for £1.51 billion, and preparing for the subsequent divestitures of Edinburgh Airport and Stansted Airport.
- Advising Lloyds Banking Group PLC on developing its branch divestment programme following the purchase of HBOS.