Christopher trained at London media firm Clintons where he advised on multiple litigation matters (including those involving high profile individuals), employment law matters (including at the Employment Tribunal) and intellectual property disputes. He also obtained valuable experience on secondment at a global film finance company, working on multiple high value and high profile Hollywood movies.
Christopher also has several years’ experience leading an in-house legal department, with a particular focus on commercial and media law, including commercial litigation, intellectual property, reputation management, harassment, information law, employment matters, rights management, JV’s and entertainment based transactional work.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Christopher spent over a decade working in broadcasting.
Relevant experience includes:
- Negotiating and concluding contracts on behalf of high profile television presenters with mainstream broadcasters, including on the exploitation of ancillary and image rights
- Drafting numerous social media marketing agreements, including with influencers and for brands
- Responding to complaints from the ASA and negotiating mediated outcomes
- Dealing with complaints against newspapers on behalf of high profile personalities, including at court and IPSO
- Settling a trademark dispute between a Hollywood film studio and an SME under which a co-existence agreement was entered into (successfully acting for the SME)
- Advising on and settling a claim in relation to post term commission for a talent management company
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements and departures involving executive level employees and Directors
- Pursuing an ex employee on behalf of a PR company for breach of post term restrictive covenants and theft of personal data (acting successfully for the PR company)
- Advising on writers’ agreements and drafting option and assignment agreements for well known individuals and companies in the TV and film industries
- Advising on and drafting agreements for a JV involving a well low global fitness company
- Structuring and advising multiple start-ups in relation to the online ventures in the fitness space, all of which have now recouped their investments and are profitable